In May and June of 2022, The Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP) conducted a Grantee Perception Survey for Barancik Foundation. The survey measures the perceptions of nonprofits regarding the Foundation’s relationships with grantees, communication, processes, impact, knowledge of the community, and more.
We are grateful to our nonprofit partners who took the time to share their opinions and experiences working with the Foundation with CEP. This anonymous feedback helps us understand what is working well, how to be more effective, and consider how to preserve the practices leading to the community impact we together achieve. Thank you!
Here are a few key findings.
- A total of 79 organizations completed the survey for a 90 percent response rate.
- Overall, grantees report exceptionally positive experiences with the Foundation across measures throughout the report.
- The Foundation is at the 100th percentile in CEP’s comparative dataset of over 300 funders on several measures: impact on grantees’ local communities, impact on grantees’ organizations, clarity of communications of goals and strategy, and the extent to which the applications process was a helpful opportunity to strengthen efforts funded by the grant.
- Grantees provided higher than typical ratings for their perceptions of the Foundation’s impact on their field, and for the degree to which the Foundation has advanced knowledge in their fields and affected public policy.
- Grantees provide exceptionally positive ratings for the Foundation’s understanding of the challenges their organizations are facing, placing the Foundation in the top one percent of funders in CEP’s comparative dataset.
- Grantees’ ratings for their agreement the Foundation has clearly communicated about what DEI means for its work, demonstrates an explicit commitment to DEI and combating racism, and staff embody DEI values, place the Foundation in the top 15 percent of funders in CEP’s dataset.
About the Center for Effective Philanthropy: CEP provides data, feedback, programs, and insights to help individual and institutional donors improve their effectiveness. They do this work because they believe effective donors, working collaboratively and thoughtfully, can profoundly contribute to creating a better and more just world. Learn more at www.cep.org.